The primary objective of the Payroll Functional System Analyst II is to integrate HCM, benefits, compensation, time and attendance system elements in relevant software systems with technical knowledge to support the ongoing day-to-day requirements of the Payroll and Global Employment Tax department. The Analyst will be responsible for the systematic in-house processing of payroll, along with data integrations for externally processed payrolls and supporting global reporting needs for all payroll time and attendance, wages, deductions and taxes. Additional responsibilities will include testing system changes or upgrades, troubleshooting system issues, preparing communication and training documents, and providing training and support to end-users.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands Domestic and International payroll processing, reporting, timekeeping, tax processes and procedures
- Coordinates with HR and Accounting regarding impact of any Payroll proposed system changes
- Determines impact of any HR or IT proposed system changes to Payroll and Tax processes
- Assists with year-end system updates for multiple jurisdictions and other quarterly/annual system changes
- Assists with implementation of new or special pay programs, new country or legal entity set-up
- Assists with data uploads
- Ability to apply analytical methodologies to perform data analysis
- Serves as subject matter expert for configuration, maintenance, and reporting for Workday system
- Performs application audits to ensure intended functionality, operations, and system performance requirements are achieved
- Ability to create test scripts and testing scenarios
- Performs and reviews testing activities and validations ensuring documentation appropriately supports results for system upgrades and/or enhancements
- Develops detailed user training documentation and educates users on system-related changes and implications
- Serves as the payroll escalation point person for production system support issues including, but not limited to, researching and resolving problems, unexpected results or flaws, recommending solutions or alternate methods to meet payroll and system requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining Payroll Audit reporting library, coordinating system updates to processors and management
- Create, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries for Payroll, Global Employment Tax, and Accounting using appropriate reporting tools.
- Manage interfaces to third party vendors
- Assists with special projects, as needed
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and / or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business or Information Systems or a related field
- Five plus years of ERP Implementation or Functional Support experience with emphasis in Human Resource and Payroll
- Workday and SAP experience preferred
- Drilling industry or experience with rotator population preferred
Job Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of payroll concepts, timekeeping and tax practices and procedures
- Strong analytical and innovative problem-solving skills
- Solid time management skills, including ability to multi-task to manage concurrent priorities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressured, fast paced work environment
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Solid work ethic
- Team-player attitude
- Strong personal computer skills, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Understanding of accounting principles
- Ability to travel up to 5%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to sit for long periods of time.
- Infrequent light physical effort required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Intent of Job Description
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.